Influenster

Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 resolutions


I wouldn't say it's a resolution necessarily since its been my goal for a better me for a while now. Specifically the last few years with my little sponge Sophie around. Along with getting healthier, loving myself more, and staying real and not feeding into the perfectly curated "reality" that some people on social media put out (just to f with type B - creative but plain old messy- personalities like myself) my big thing is trying to stay present and truly appreciate everything living in the moment. In high school my religion teacher used to make us do "awesome God of the day stories". And as much as I thought they were dumb then, talking about the positive parts of your day really does bring out the positivity in even the worst days. My biggest wish for Sophie is to have her grow up to be kind and be appreciative of the small things and the memories that we create with her. I've started asking her at the end of the day what her favorite part of the day was and then telling her what my favorite part is. Last night I told her how my favorite part was playing Barbies with her and she said "that was my favorite too Mommy, I love you so much." She grabbed my face and have me a huge hug and a kiss. Melted my heart and made me remember that even at the age of 2, she has already gained herself quite the personality and is most certainly appreciative of the simple things. I think a new goal for this next year is to really let her take her own and be careful not to assume that we are the same type personalities. Maybe the terrible 2s are actually our little ones just gaining their personalities and not us just making all their decisions for them. Looking forward to 2016 and all the new growth and learning both she and I will have. Never too soon to instill core values and appreciation for nature and all the amazing things that come naturally.


 #positivevibes #newyearresolution #lifegoals #stayreal #staytrue #donthateappreciate #positivity #appreciation #corevalues