Influenster

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Is she your first?

...."Oh you can tell"....says the nice lady in line behind me in Target today. I thought nothing of it at first and continued to frantically sort through my Similac and Pampers coupon hoard.

I can't get through a store without 5-10 people stopping me to talk to Sophie. She's crazy social and wants to smile at everyone and flirt with the boys. I think it's great so for now (until we need to have stranger danger talks) I stop and make small talk with them because its totally beneficial to me as well to talk to an adult or two everyday.

We usually get at least one weird yet friendly person, someone with a little friend for Soph to coo at, and ALWAYS at least one woman who is a grandmom and wants to ask a bunch of questions and mentally compare their grandkid. I'm cool with that. I often want to ask randoms how old their kids are and mentally compare too.

I'm getting much better at not letting other peoples opinions bother me (at least those of strangers) and this wasn't really a bad one but just something that struck a nerve.

"Oh you can tell" she said and I continued to load my items in my cart and hope to see my total come down with my 25 coupons (woot woot i got $60 off holla!)

"You'd never have her dressed this cute if she was your second. No bows, no cute boots, that all stops."

Really? I don't know if I'll have a second but if I do I fully plan on giving that baby everything I can just like I am with Soph. I'm sure my time and money will be spread thin, but I enjoy getting Sophie ready for the day and hair flair is a staple at our house. 

I'd like to think if I make the decision to have another child that I would take all of that into account before making that decision. I would never want my child to think they got slighted in any way shape or form. It literally took 5 minutes to get her ready and she's not in anything super extravagant. it takes 1 minute to grab a headband and stick it on her head. 

It really didn't bother me all that much, just struck a sour note for me. We smiled and said "bye bye" and went on our way. But on the ride home this is what I thought about. And noted that I want more than that if I go that route.

So I ask you Moms of more than one out there, Do you agree with this woman? Do you honestly feel you've made less of an effort with your second, your third, or god bless you your forth?