Influenster

Monday, November 4, 2013

Time to spruce up the place

So ideally we would love to be able to move to a bigger house in the suburbs by this spring. And I can not freakin wait. Don't get me wrong I don't hate this house, but notice I didn't say our house.

Although I've lived here for a year now, and I helped paint and create what it is today, I still feel like it's Chris's house. I'd say majority of the things here however are mine. I have a mild hoarding problem but I like to just think of it as a lack of organization tools and a huge imagination of how almost eveything has a value and could be used. But I think the fact that I didn't pick this house out with Chris and that he hates to hang things, has me still feeling like I'm just living here. Does that make sense? It's my house but just not quite home yet. 

Chris has been great on getting my input from early on about paint colors, renovating the kitchen, and finishing the basement. But getting him to hang a frame makes him BoNkErS.....

So aside from the baby's room and the two wall arts I had my dad hang, our walls are pretty naked. Absolutely Naked. I can't deal. Even if we are going to leave hopefully sooner than later, I need to make this place more homie and fast. 

Starting with, this wall. 



Ugh. It's so damn naked. Along with the rest of this room. But this wall, ughhh. It's got such great potential and something needs to be done. So I've decided to make it a collage wall of multiple frames. 

Here's a few things I've pinned as inspiration. 


And here's what I've come up with, with help from Daddy-O!



My Dad came over and helped me out hanging the big K for Keller from TJMaxx, the quote which was a bridal shower gift from my mom and finally my wedding pictures and Sophie's first photos. Its left me room to add on if I want too! I'd like to add another quote and possibly 2 more frames for our family pictures from out wedding. 

I now can say this is my favorite wall in my....home <3