Influenster

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Easy Mexican Crockpot meal!

loveeeee me some Mexican food! Usually Taco Tuesday is an every other week deal at my house but today I decided to switch it up a bit from the usual ground meat tacos. It really is super simple and I love an excuse to use the crockpot. 

Here's what you'll need:
Chicken Breasts, I used four big ones. 
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can or tub of salsa
1 can of black beans or pinto if you'd prefer. (Drained and rinsed)
And 1 block of cream cheese. (Don't go fat free, treat yourself) 


I'm also using some mexi cheese to sprinkle on top, but just so I can use up what we have from last Taco Tuesday!
I'd recommend pouring the finished product over some Spanish rice or white rice, but you could put it into taco shells if you'd like or tortillas. You can leave the chicken whole, you could cut it up or you could shred it whatever you'd like! It's pretty soupy so day two would be better as tacos than day one. 

So put the chicken, corn, cream cheese, salsa and beans into the crock pot, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. 

I'm not a big fan of black beans but my husband is so I put half in and will cook the rest as a side for him. We also used fresh salsa but only because it was on sale, any kind will do!

Every two hours I stir it up, here's what it looks like after 6. 


At 6 hours I turned off the crockpot, shredded the chicken and let it sit covered for another 30-45 minutes. This way the chicken can really soak up the juices. It's really easy to shred though, the chickens already pretty tender. If your not shredding I would still let it sit. 

And about a half hour later and tada!


Perfect for our Taco Tuesday at Casa de Keller! Add hot sauce if ya like it caliente!