Influenster

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Motivation and my Mama's Girl

Sophie is 5 weeks old it today which also means I've been home on maternity leave for 5 weeks today. I've had a job since I was 13 and have never gone this long without one. Mama is my job right now and it is totally a full time one, as any stay at home Mom would know, especially with the struggle of breastfeeding.

I know I made the right choice for me with choosing to breastfeed, but boy is it time consuming. I feel like most days all I do is count the hours between feedings, think about what I should be eating and drinking to make the milk come in or if I have time to pump. Everyone knows the nutritional benefits of breastfeeding and I'm not here to preach that because I feel like there is nothing wrong with formula and I eventually plan on supplementing.

The great things I can say about it is, the bonding you do with your baby is amazing. I love that I get to steal her away and have her all to myself just to look at her and sweet talk her for a little while. And the after feeding "thank you mama" smile that only I get to see melts my heart every time. I also think that between me being the milk lady and her hang out partner all day all night, I have created a total Mama's girl.

The one selfish yet major benefit of breastfeeding has been the weight loss. I have basically been forcing myself to eat the recommended 1800 calories that are needed to help your milk production. So in no way shape or form have I been dieting and guess how much I've lost?....... 28 pounds! That's right, 28! I had no clue it would come off like that!! I went from my wedding weight of 131 pounds to my honeymoon baby weight of 168 pounds. I had Sophie and just two weeks after I was at a 26 pound weight loss! I've since only lost 2 additional pounds but still haven't been cleared to start working out and it's been so hot that I haven't been able to take the baby out for a walk. I can not wait until I can start. I know it's going to be tough but my goal is to loose the remaining 9 pounds and tone up by September. I want to be wedding weight by our first anniversary and want to wear my favorite honeymoon dress again. I'll probably be tracking my loss on here because what better way to motivate myself then to show and tell strangers how pudge your feeling :)

Here are a few links I found on Pinterest that found very helpful with breastfeeding and also some post baby exercises I'm excited to do. And below that are my pre-baby picture, my 3 days before having her picture and my current post baby picture. I plan on taking pictures in my bathing suit also but those will more than likely just be for my eyes only....because I'm a chicken.....

Anyone have any helpful advise for breastfeeding or post baby weight loss/toning? Leave me a comment! You'll be the first one :)

Increasing Your Breast Milk Supply 500x648 Increasing Your Breast Milk Supply
More great tips
The BEST article on how to pump for your baby written by a gal who pumped exclusively for her baby for 14 months!! This was really helpful and funny to read.
awesome resource for pumping tips
Need to get a ball. Shrink Your Belly In 14 Days - Routine will firm and flatten you from all angles in just 2 weeks. Amp up results using a combination of ball exercises with high-energy cardio and simple calorie-cutting tips. In 2 weeks, you could lose up to an inch from your waist; in 4 weeks, shed up to 8 pounds or more.
biggest concern is my belly, these look like good exercises i can do while the baby naps

Honeymoon goal dress and weight of 131.
Me and my husband at our friends wedding, 3 days before Sophie's arrival at a whopping 168 pounds.
Me today, 5 weeks post baby, 28 pounds down, 9 more to go in 2 months...can it be done??