Influenster

Friday, June 14, 2013

Wedding Planning Bliss

I'm coming to the end of what has been months and months of weddings! I've been lucky enough to be a bridesmaid in two of my best friends weddings this year (large and in charge in my preggo glory) and have had several others that Chris and I have attended.

All of these weddings have really made me miss ours! This past September 15th, Chris and I got married in Long Beach Island, NJ where I've spent all my summers since I was born. It's my happy place and having our wedding there has only made it that much more special to me. The wedding we have tomorrow is actually at the same reception place where we had ours and I am surprised and so excited that I'll be able to make it since there's no moves on the baby front over here.

The week before our wedding I had gone into total and complete melt down mode. I've over the last few months heard my best friends going through the same stressful ordeals that I did. I can truly appreciate those that choose to have a wedding planner. Working full-time and planning a wedding on your own in a different state is quite the hassle! You name it, it was a problem. Best advice I would have for a soon to be bride is - Don't let anyone or anything ruin your day! Things will go wrong, but unless you make a big deal about it, no one will even remember or care. It's your day and it is what you make of it.

Just to get my point across, here are a few of the things that I had to deal with. My hairdresser quit the week before. I had fabric added to the bust of my dress (I'm a bit busty and Jesus didn't need to see all that) and it came back the month before like a turtle neck. Ok that was an exaggeration, but still I'm not a prude, I like a bit of cleavage, just didn't want to look like a gypsy bride. My cake was being sent to the wrong hall, on the wrong night, and they completely forgot about my grooms cake I ordered (do yourself a favor and follow up with all of your vendors, it helps)! My rehearsal restaurant hadn't answered my calls and emails for months to confirm everything (another tough situation when your wedding is 2 hours away from your house). Family drama. Waiting until last minute to print my brochures and realizing my husbands name was spelled wrong (Christoper does not equal Christopher), how did I miss that! My limo didn't show up until after the wedding (4 hours later) and took 8 months to get a refund. And just to keep things interesting my darling handsome Sphinx cat ate a foot of ribbon the week before and we had to take him on three vet visits, raking in $1,000 worth of bills. It was worth every last second of stress (and often tears). I figured I'd share a few shots from our special day since I'm mega hormonal and missing my wedding day. We were lucky enough to have the best photographers around, Hoffer Photography. Tony and Amy made us so comfortable and are just genuinely great people. Needless to say they won my own personal best vendor to deal with award. If you're from the Philly, NY, NJ area I recommend a trip to LBI, we beat the storm and it's a beautiful shore point. You would never think there were so many issues on my wedding by the smiles on our faces. Because it was the happiest day of my life and nothing was going to bring me down.

How about you? Any fun wedding drama stories to share?