Influenster

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Let's give this a shot.....

Well, since I'm 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant and have completely run out of things to do, I suppose this would be the perfect time to start my blog...and since I have no followers yet and I'm not quite sure how this may even go, how about a bit of venting.

Yikes! Being preggo is rough! I'm still not 100% sure little baby Sophie will have siblings after all this. I'm horrible at surprises and really like having a good plan in place, which is why 2 days post due date I'm about to loose my damn mind.

I had everything planned perfectly, mani pedi, last hair appointment, prenatal massage, clean the house, food shopping, laundry.....and now what? Here I am in an immaculate house, feeling huge but properly pampered and I think that if I have to shave my legs again before she's born (which is equivalent to a boot camp session right now) I might die.

My Mom was 11 days late with me and I have never felt more grateful, sorry and mad at myself for doing that to her! I feel like at this point I've basically trained for a marathon for 9 months, I've successfully finished and while approaching the finish line hear a man on a megaphone say "Just keep going, we misplaced your metal, you can stop when we find it."

Now, I know it's my first baby and majority of people go late with their first but how unfair is it to bump up someones date by 5 days then? Seriously, if I was still thinking my due date was the 14th I may still be slightly sane right now.

I can't wait to meet this little lady that i fell instantly in love with months ago. Big life changes will be following with her birth. This little girl has given me inspiration to make my life more about what makes me happy and following my heart and taking risks. Life is short and I want to live it to the fullest. Deep enough for post number 1? Or too whiney? I'll work on it, but for now thanks for listening if your out there.